I am In Room 11 and my teacher is Mrs Ramkolowan

Monday 13 April 2015

Write A Letter

Walt: Write A Letter

Peak Camp
Egypt
1 April 1915

Dear Mum & Dad

My life here is very good. I have made new friends and we like to play cards. I sleep in a trench. I sometimes play cards and when we finish doing that I cook for the soldiers. There are only Fifty cookers that cook for the soldiers.

The food that we eat here were chocolate, cake, tobacco and tinned food. Every soldier here ate one pound of meat, the same amount in bread and 8 ounces of vegetables each day.

I get very sick from the smell when we stay in the trenches. I hate it very much because there are rats as big as cats and the mud is very sticky. When it rains the mud sometimes comes onto my bed and my blanket and that get very stiff.

We always get ordered to wake up 2:30. We have to wake up very early because we have to get our stuff ready and walk to the next camp site. When we got there it was 4:30 so it was a one hour walk.

One day I had shooting practise and then the Germans attacked us. I almost got shot. There were like ten or twelve. Then I ran over and helped my friend. One of the New Zealanders were wounded and two were killed. We shot only ten and the other two retreated and went back to their trench.

How are my little brothers and and sister. I wish they are doing good at school. Can you tell nana I love her and to tell Watson to do good in school. I miss all of you and I hope I come back.

Your Loving Son

Ifa Mapa

0 comments:

Post a Comment